Vision & Mission
St Michael’s Parish School: A safe community of animated learners enlightened by faith in God.
St Michael’s is a Catholic school where each of the following statements is considered of equal importance.
In the context of Our Vision, each child is encouraged to develop:
- a sense of self-esteem, acceptance and resilience
- an awareness of the uniqueness and worth of each individual as gifted and loved by God
- an active participation in the life of the Faith community
- an enthusiasm for learning
- competence in all Key Learning Areas
- the ability to be creative, imaginative and open to change
- respect for self and others and
- responsibility for their own decisions and actions
- pastoral Care for all members of the school community is of prime importance
- reconciliation/Forgiveness is taught and practised so joy can be expressed and affirmation can be given
- children, parents and staff are nurtured in a faith environment so that they may grow in their relationship with God and each other
- each child learns in a physically safe and emotionally secure environment where they feel accepted and challenged to work to their own potential
- the individual needs and learning styles of each child is recognised and accommodated
- each staff member works cooperatively with compassion and sensitively as a part of a team, while striving for professionalism, excellence and personal growth
- we endeavour to recognise, respect, share and encourage the expertise and involvement of parents in the ongoing education of their children
- we strive to give recognition to the educational needs of the financially disadvantaged in our Parish and act as their advocates
Isn't it time we got to know each other?
Take our online VIDEO TOUR or book a SCHOOL TOUR!
Meet our principal, teachers, current students, parents, learn about our curriculum opportunities and tips for a smooth start to school.